This landscape of woods, heathland, driftsand plains and brooks invites to go hiking and (mountain-)biking, and offers a range of daytrips such as:
- In July and August all Thursdaynights Beekbergen organises a folkloristic market: www.veluwseavondmarkt.nl.
- At the end of July international Horse Driving Championships take place on only a 1 minute walk from your Rode Hert bungalow : www.caibeekbergen.nl.
- More information about the Veluwe: www.theveluwe.com.
- Steam engine train Apeldoorn – Dieren
Go for a trip by steam engine train and visit the local historic railway station: www.stoomtrein.org.
- Palace het Loo Apeldoorn
Palace Het Loo, former residence of the Dutch Royal Family: www.paleishetloo.nl/en
- National Park De Hoge Veluwe
To include the Kröller Müller Museum and the St. Hubertus Hunting Lodge. For more information: National Park De Hoge Veluwe
- Burgers Zoo in Arnhem a zoo and Safari, with indoor rainforest, ocean and desert. For more information: Burgers Zoo Arnhem
- Apenheul: Monkey park at the Mountain and Forest Park in Apeldoorn.
- Zoo Wissel in Epe
- Ouwehands Zoo Rhenen
- Dolfinarium Harderwijk
Dolphin shows, sea life parc: www.dolfinarium.nl/en.
- Wild parc Het Aardhuis
Historic yacht mansion of King William III and wildlife parc: www.aardhuis.nl.
- Open Air Museum Arnhem
Historic Holland life-size: www.openairmuseum.nl.
- Attractions & rides at family parc Koningin Julianatoren
- Petting farm Malkenschoten
- Recreational area Bussloo
Lake, beaches, Pitch & putt golf
Public Telescope Observatory: www.volkssterrenwachtbussloo.nl.
Golfclub De Breuninkhof: www.unigolf.nl and: www.scherpenbergh.nl
- Meet the shepherd and his herd of sheep in Loenen
Shepherd and his herd of sheep.
- Castles in our state Gelderland
- Flowers and Herb : Just outside the village in the beautiful Beekbergen enkenlandschap you have a wonderful day. Marry Foekel welcomes you to make you into the fascinating world of flowers and herbs. Ropes They like to lead you around in its theme gardens and let you taste and enjoy the flowers and herbs. For more information on marryskruidentuin
- Gallery Sculpture Garden arthuus The gallery exhibition gives an opportunity to every four artists in different disciplines. Every eight weeks, you can expect a new exhibition.
- Old A Fords in an old paper mill restored “Tullekesmolen” Ford Museum
- Paper mill “De Middelste Molen” Loenen
- The heart of the Veluwe has a large open, flat expanse. The Kootwijkerzand consists of sand and heather and a very special element: the monumental broadcasting station Radio Kootwijk.